Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Preview of Q&A with Soccer Player

By Morgana Kennedy

I spoke with Travis Montgomery a 27-year-old who plays for the Cobb Adult Soccer League. Montgomery has played soccer 22 years. The sport really shaped who he is today.

Playing soccer opened up a lot of doors, Montgomery said. It allowed him to have a closer relationship with his brother and playing on different teams introduced him to people he refers to as his best friends.

Montgomery also enjoys watching soccer. He attended the United States world cup men's qualifier in Washington D.C. Every few months for a year Montgomery and his friends would travel to a new city to see a soccer game.

His favorite team is Manchester United. But, he has not been able to see them live yet. He plans to see them the first chance he gets when he goes abroad.

"Soccer has been one of the biggest positive influences in my life. It has taught me invaluable lessons about life, hard work, communication, and friendship. I never realized how important it was when I was younger, but now that I'm older I see that playing soccer has really molded me into the person that I am today,"  Montgomery said.

Now enrolled at KSU as a sports management major, he plans to apply what he learns in the program to his dream career as the owner and operator of his own indoor soccer facility.

The video featuring Montgomery will be coming to the blog next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment